Custom WearHouse Seller Policy
1. Selling Basics
Keeping in mind these basic requirements will set you up for success on Custom WearHouse.
a. What can be sold on Custom WearHouse
Custom WearHouse is a unique marketplace where people come to purchase unique items. Everything listed for sale on Custom WearHouse must be one of a kind or part of a production run of no more than 10 units.
All handmade items are made or designed by you. If you work with a production partner, you must disclose that production partner in your relevant listings. You accurately describe every person involved in the making of an item in your shop in your About section.
All listings must be available for purchase at a set price.
b. What can’t be sold on Custom WearHouse
Even if they otherwise meet our marketplace criteria, prohibited items, services, and items that violate our intellectual property policies are not allowed to be sold on Custom WearHouse. All listings must offer an item for sale (which includes digitally delivered items, and can also include reserved listings). You may not create a listing for the purpose of sharing a referral code, posting a want ad, or similar activity that does not offer a physical or digital item for sale.
Reselling is not allowed on Custom WearHouse. Reselling refers to listing an item as handmade when you were not involved in designing or making that item. If you purchase an item from another party and then list it on Custom WearHouse, it must have been modified in a meaningful way by you.
You may only use your own photographs or video content —not stock photos, artistic renderings, or photos used by other sellers or sites.
Keep in mind that members or, in some cases third parties, may flag listings that appear to violate our policies for Custom WearHouse’s review. Custom WearHouse may remove any listings that violate our policies. Note that listing fees are non-refundable. Custom WearHouse may also suspend or terminate your account for any violations. You’ll still be on the hook to pay any outstanding fees on your Custom WearHouse statement.
If you are raising money on behalf of a charity, you must obtain that charity’s consent.
c. Managing Your Custom WearHouse Profile
Your profile on Custom WearHouse represents you, your business, and your values to the Custom WearHouse community. It’s important that you, your items and your shop are honestly and accurately represented.
By selling on Custom WearHouse, you agree that you will:
- Provide honest, accurate information to Custom WearHouse and in your About and Care/Maintenance section.
- Ensure your profile content, such as any text, photos or videos used to represent yourself, your business or your listings, abide by Custom WearHouse’s policies.
- Accurately represent your items in listings and listing photos.
- Respect the intellectual property of others. If you feel someone has violated your intellectual property rights, you can report it to Custom WearHouse.
- Not engage in fee avoidance.
- Not create duplicate shops or take any other action (such as manipulating clicks, carts or sales) for the purpose of shilling, manipulating search or circumventing Custom WearHouse’s policies.
- Not coordinate pricing with other sellers.
d. Seller Standards
By listing a product for sale on Custom WearHouse, you understand and agree that you are responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations for the products you list for sale, including any required labels and warnings. Custom WearHouse assumes no responsibility for the accuracy, labeling, or content of your listings.
As a seller, you must provide great customer service and maintain trust with your buyers. These requirements are called our Seller Service Level Standards. Custom WearHouse may reach out to you if your shop fails to meet Custom WearHouse’s Seller Service Level Standards.
By selling on Custom WearHouse, you agree to:
- Honor your shipping and processing times. Sellers are obligated to ship an item or otherwise complete a transaction with a buyer in a prompt manner, unless there is an exceptional circumstance. Please be aware that legal requirements for shipping times vary by country.
- Respond to messages in a timely manner.
- Resolve disagreements or order issues directly with the buyer. In the unlikely event that you can’t reach a resolution, Custom WearHouse can help resolve the issue.
- If you are unable to complete an order, you must notify the buyer and cancel the order.
e. Selling fees
Sellers may be charged for using some of Custom WearHouse’s Services. There are fees associated with listing, selling, advertising, and certain other Custom WearHouse products and features.
2. Being a Member of the Custom WearHouse Community
At Custom WearHouse, everyone is expected to treat fellow members of the Custom WearHouse community with respect. As a seller, you have additional responsibilities to safeguard personal information and communicate promptly with buyers in order to provide a great customer experience.
a. Creating and Uploading Content
As a member of Custom WearHouse, you have the opportunity to create and upload a variety of content, like listings, Messages, text, photos, and videos. In order to keep our community safe and respectful, you agree that you will not upload content that is:
- Contains hateful or derogatory language or imagery, or any content that is subject to our Anti-Discrimination and Hate Speech Policy;
- Contains threats, harassment, extortion, or violates our rules about interference;
- Violates someone else’s intellectual property rights;
- Is false, deceptive, or misleading;
- Contains unsolicited advertising or promotions, requests for donations, or spam;
- Contains private information, whether it is your own, or someone else’s;
- Encourages or facilitates a transaction that evades the Custom WearHouse checkout process;
- Contains prohibited medical drug claims;
- Violates any of the rules described in our Prohibited Items Policy.
Some content on Custom WearHouse is subject to additional requirements. Please see below for more details.
b. Privacy and Protecting Personal Information
In particular, when you sell using our Services, you may receive and determine what to do with certain personal information, such as when communicating with users and entering into transactions with buyers. This means you process personal information (for example, buyer name, email address, and shipping address) and, to the extent you do so, under EU law, you are an independent controller of data relating to other users that you may have obtained through the Services. For more information on the General Data Protection Regulation, see more resources at https://gdpr-info.eu and http://gdprandyou.ie. As a data controller (that is someone who decides what personal data is collected and the purpose you’ll use the data for) to the extent that you process user personal information outside of the Services, you may be required under applicable data protection and privacy laws to honor requests received from such users for data access, portability, correction, deletion, and objections to processing. Also, if you disclose personal information without the buyer’s proper consent, you are responsible for that unauthorized disclosure. This includes, for example, disclosures you make or unintentional data breaches. For example, you may receive a buyer’s email address or other information as a result of entering into a transaction with that buyer. This information may only be used for Custom WearHouse-related communications or for Custom WearHouse-facilitated transactions. You may not use this information for unsolicited commercial messages or unauthorized transactions. Without the buyer’s consent, and subject to other applicable Custom WearHouse policies and laws, you may not add any Custom WearHouse member to your email or physical mailing list, use that buyer’s identity for marketing, or obtain or retain any payment information. Please bear in mind that you’re responsible for knowing the standard of consent required in any given instance. If Custom WearHouse and you are found to be joint data controllers of personal information, and if Custom WearHouse is sued, fined, or otherwise incurs expenses because of something that you did in your capacity as a joint data controller of buyer personal information, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold Custom WearHouse (and its employees, agents, consultants, subsidiaries, partners, affiliates, and licensors) harmless against any claims, costs, losses, damages, liabilities, judgements and expenses (including reasonable attorney fees) in connection with your processing of buyer personal information.
c. Communication Standards
With Custom WearHouse’s “Messages”, you have the ability to communicate directly with your buyers or other Custom WearHouse members. Messages are a great way for buyers to ask you questions about an item or an order.
Messages may not be used for the following activities:
- Sending unsolicited advertising or promotions, requests for donations, or spam;
- Harassing or abusing another member or violating our Anti-Discrimination Policy;
- Contacting someone after they have explicitly asked you not to; or
- Interfering with a transaction or the business of another member.
- Exchanging personal contact, financial or other information for the purposes of evading the checkout process on Custom WearHouse, including phone number, address, email, social media handles, external URLs, instructions for money transfer, etc.
Interference occurs when a member intentionally interferes with another member’s shop in order to drive away their business. Interference is strictly prohibited on Custom WearHouse. Examples of interference include:
- Contacting another member via Messages to warn them away from a particular member, shop, or item;
- Posting in public areas to demonstrate or discuss a dispute with another member;
- Purchasing from a seller for the sole purpose of leaving a negative review;
- Maliciously clicking on a competitor’s ads in order to drain that member’s advertising budget, also known as “click fraud.”
- Creating or using an independent buyer account to maliciously upvote another shop’s negative reviews in order to position those reviews more prominently.
Harassment and Discrimination
Any use of Messages to harass other members is strictly prohibited. Similarly, Messages may not be used to support or glorify hatred or otherwise violate our Anti-Discrimination Policy. If you receive a Message that violates this policy, please let us know right away
ii. Communicating Cancellations
If you are unable to complete a transaction, you must notify the buyer via Messages and cancel the transaction. If the buyer already submitted payment, you must issue a full refund. You are encouraged to keep proof of any refunds in the event a dispute arises. All cancellations are subject to our Cancellation Policy.
European Union Right of Withdrawal Buyers in the European Union (EU), and in parallel buyers in the UK, may be entitled to a 14-day “right of withdrawal” after receiving an item, during which they may return an item for any reason. The details of this right vary by EU member state or in the UK. The right of withdrawal may not apply to certain items like custom items or perishable goods. Rights with respect to digital items vary by EU member state or in the UK.
Please be aware that in addition to this policy, each country has its own laws surrounding shipping, cancellations, returns, and exchanges. Please familiarize yourself with the laws of your own country and those of your buyers’ countries.
Sellers may still cancel an order and work toward a resolution with a buyer as they see fit for policies applied to their shops.
3. Feedback, Cases and Your Success
Reviews are a great way for you to build a reputation on Custom WearHouse. Buyers can leave a review, including a one to five star rating and a photograph or video of their purchase, within 100 days after the latter date of their item’s estimated delivery date. If an estimated delivery date is not available, the review window opens after the order’s processing time and shipping time have elapsed. Buyers can edit their review, including the photograph or video, any number of times during that 100 day period.
On the rare occasion you receive an unfavorable review, you can reach out to the buyer or leave a response.
In addition to our rules for Creating and Uploading Content above, reviews and your response to reviews may not:
- Contain graphic, mature, or obscene language or imagery, or any content that is subject to our mature content policy;
- Be about things outside the seller’s control, such as a shipping carrier, Custom WearHouse or a third party;
- Include shilling or otherwise falsely inflate a shop’s review score; or
- Undermine the integrity of the Reviews system.
b. Custom WearHouse’s Case System
The case system is how a buyer notifies Custom WearHouse of an order issue or dispute that they’re unable to resolve with a seller, in order for Custom WearHouse to help them reach a resolution. Buyers must contact sellers directly via the Help with Order link and attempt to resolve any outstanding issues before opening a case on Custom WearHouse. For this reason, it is important that you fill out your shop policies and regularly respond to Messages from your buyers. Once a buyer contacts you to notify you of a problem with an order, you will have 48 hours to resolve the issue. If the issue is unresolved in this time frame, a case may be opened by the buyer. Once a case has been opened, Custom WearHouse will assist in the resolution of the case between the buyer and seller. This may include, but is not limited to, automatically closing the case and issuing a refund to the buyer, or reviewing the case further to help the buyer and seller resolve it as quickly as possible.
Custom WearHouse reserves the right to resolve an order issue before the 48-hour window for circumstances including, but not limited to, seller inactivity, harassment, refusal of service, manipulation, and undermining the integrity of the case system.
For certain cases, sellers are protected by Custom WearHouse’s Purchase Protection Program. If the case falls outside of Custom WearHouse’s Purchase Protection Program for Sellers, unless otherwise required by law, you will be required to refund the order, including original shipping and return shipping. Custom WearHouse reserves the right to issue a refund to the buyer and recoup funds from your account, including your payment account reserve, if payment was made via Custom WearHouse Payments.
c. Your Seller Account and Custom WearHouse’s Terms
In addition, we may limit the visibility of listings or ads in the interest of keeping Custom WearHouse safe, and improving our Services. For example, listings or ads may have decreased visibility because they include terms that represent a prohibited item or based on third party policies. These listings or ads may also be restricted from appearing in one or more features of the Services. While these listings or ads may have limited visibility, they are still discoverable in search.
Custom WearHouse may make changes to onboarding or authentication processes for sellers at our sole discretion. Completion of these processes may be required for seller account activation or continued access and usage.
If Custom WearHouse has reason to believe you, your content, or your use of the Services violate our Terms, including this Seller Policy, we may deactivate your content to some or all users, or suspend or terminate your account (and any accounts Custom WearHouse determines is related to your account) and your access to the Services. Generally, Custom WearHouse will notify you that your content or account has been suspended or terminated, unless you’ve repeatedly violated our Terms or we have legal or regulatory reasons preventing us from notifying you.